Faulty wiring isn’t just responsible for the lights going on and off, it can cause fatal electrical shocks or fires. You don’t have to be another statistic. At Snappy Electric, Plumbing, Heating, & Air, we can inspect your wiring and make the necessary repairs to ensure you and your family remain safe.
Do you have an old fuse box? Check out our electrical services and see if an upgrade is right for you.
Signs Your Wiring Is Faulty
If you have old or damaged wiring, you shouldn’t ignore it because of the serious accidents that can happen. If you notice any of these warning signs, call immediately for wiring replacement.
- Flickering Lights
- Fuses That Blow or Breakers That Trip Often
- Smoke, Electrical Odors
- Sparks From Outlets
- Outlets That are Scorched
These are serious issues that require the attention of a professional electrician to ensure the safety of you and your family.
How To Prevent an Electrical Fire
Any fire is a serious threat to the safety of your family and your home, but electrical fires are particularly tough to deal with because you can’t put them out with water. The good news is that most electrical fires are preventable with these handy tips.
- Don’t overload your outlets by using too many extension cords and adapters.
- Replace appliances that have frayed wires
- Install GCFI outlets in your bathroom, kitchen, garage and outdoors
- Inspect your outlet plates for a loose fit
- Be aware of outlets that spark when you plug in a device
- Call for immediate help if the wall or outlet feels hot
Is it time to replace your outdated outlets with USB outlets? We can help with that too!
When Should You Replace Your Outlets?
Outlets get used every day, however, most people don’t think about them until it’s too late. Here are a few signs that you should replace your outlets sooner rather than later.
- Broken faceplate
- Plug won’t stay in
- Plastic cover is discolored due to heat
- Outlet feels warm or hot
- Outlet fails to work
- You have outdated two-pronged outlets