Your bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in the house, and over time, things get work and become dated. A bathroom remodel doesn’t have to be expensive and you don’t even have to do the full bathroom to make a world of difference. Call your local plumbers at Snappy Electric, Plumbing, Heating, & Air for a consultation and find out what they can do for you.
Do you suspect that you have a gas leak in the house? We offer gas leak detection services that might be able to help.
Cost-Effective Bathroom Renovation
You may have held off remodeling your bathroom because you’re worried about the expense, and yes, it can be expensive if you go all out. However, you can remodel your bathroom for less if you follow these tips.
- Reduce the Amount of Tile - Tile is very expensive, so if you limit how much you use you can save money. Consider using tile sparingly and only on high-impact areas such as the floor.
- Don’t Go For Granite - A lot of people want granite countertops and who can blame them. However, granite is expensive. Instead, look for neutral colors and creative ways to repurpose things like dressers or other old furniture into your new counter.
- Put in New Fixtures - If you want to update the bathroom but don’t want to go all in, you can save a ton of money simply by updating your light fixtures, sink, towel racks, and showerheads.
Your bathroom renovations contractor will have some great ideas on helping you put together a new bathroom look that will fit within your budget.
Does Your Bathtub Need Repair?
Bathtubs get a lot of work and it doesn’t take long before they become worn out. Cracks, chips, and peeling grout can turn a once lovely looking tub into a yellow, stained pit that you want to hide from guests. However, a bathtub repair could be all you need to restore your tub to its former glory and make bathtime relaxing and enjoyable again. Here are signs your bathtub is in need of repair.
- Rough Texture
- Sticky or Tacky Surface
- Peeling Grout
Is your plumbing not what it used to be? Head on over to our residential plumbing services page and see what we offer.
What to Look for in a New Bathtub
So, you’ve decided that you want a new tub, but you don’t know what to get. Here are a few things to look out for when shopping for a new bathtub.
- Size - Make sure there’s enough room for you to stretch out and relax
- Weight - Make sure your floor can handle the weight of the new tub
- Materials - Do you want acrylic or fiberglass or something more exotic such as stone or concrete?
- Fixtures - You can spruce up a plain looking tub with upgraded faucets and fixtures.