A flooded basement due to a sump pump failure is not only a mess to clean up, but it can lead to mold and mildew, which cause health problems. Fortunately, you don’t have to wait until your sump pump fails to call for service. Regular maintenance will ensure your pump works as it should and helps you avoid any catastrophes.
If you are in need of expert plumbing solutions and can't wait until the next day, then contact us today!
What Causes Sump Pump Problems
You rely on your sump pump to make sure you don’t get water in your basement, but it doesn’t take a lot of water to do considerable damage, which is why you need to make sure yours is running at optimum level. Here are some common sump pump problems to be on the lookout for.
- Pump Can’t Handle The Load - If you have a pump that isn’t the right size for your needs, it can easily become overwhelmed, which can leave you with a flooded basement.
- Burned Out Pump - Like any machine, your pump gets old and will fail.
- Power Loss - Your pump can lose power for a variety of reasons such as a tripped breaker or power outage.
- Intake is Clogged - If your intake becomes clogged the pump won’t be able to extract the water properly.
What To Look For in a Sump Pump
Most of us don’t think about a sump pump until it’s too late, but when you need one, you really need one, which is why it’s essential that you get the right one for your home the first time. Here’s what to look for when shopping for a new sump pump.
- Submersible or Pedestal - Many experts recommend a submersible pump if you have space because it keeps the noise down and the lid keeps debris from falling in.
- Cast Iron Core - Some sump pumps utilize a plastic core, but experts say that cast iron is the better choice because it extends the life of the pump.
- Mechanical Switch - Some pumps come with a pressure switch, but it’s recommended you choose a mechanical switch because it won’t fail to shut off due to waterlogging.
Do you need a new water heater? Check out our water heater services and see if a tankless or standard is the best choice for you.
Why You Should Call Us
We know that you can choose from a variety of plumbers for your sump pump repair or residential plumbing problems, but we’re a family owned business that believes in order to do business in this community, you have to be a part of the community and that means giving back. We support a variety of charities and are heavily involved in local events. We also over 24/7 emergency service and flat-rate pricing so there’s never a surprise on your bill.