Finding out that you have a slab leak early is crucial when it comes to water in your home. Water in the home can lead to money lost due to damage repair and health problems in the form of mold and mildew. If you suspect you have a leaky foundation, call a professional right away and find out.
Do you have burst pipes in the winter? Our burst pipe repair service can help you avoid a catastrophe.
How To Know If You Have a Slab Leak
Finding a leak in your foundation sooner rather than later is essential if you want to avoid costly foundation repairs and damage to the structure of your home. Here are signs that you have a leak and need slab leak repair services.
- An unexpected rise in water bill
- Pooling water around your foundation
- Damp carpet or warped wood floors
- Buildup of mold and mildew
- Sudden decrease in water pressure
All of these are signs that you have a leak in your slab foundation and getting it fixed should be a top priority to ensure no further damage happens.
A Slab Leak Can Be Dangerous! Here Are 3 Reasons Why
While a leaky faucet or pipe is bad, neither are particularly dangerous. However, a slab leak can be, which is why it’s vital that you detect these leaks soon and deal with them as quickly as possible. Here are three dangers of slab leaks.
- Health Problems — Water ingress brings with it mold and mildew, both of which are known to cause health problems such as respiratory issues, asthma attacks, and a compromised immune system.
- Structural Damage — When you have a leak in your slab it can cause the foundation to weaken and even shift; this weakening and shifting can lead to a collapse if not treated properly.
- Monetary Damages — If your home suffers damage because of a slab leak, your homeowner’s insurance may not cover it, which means you’re going to be paying for repairs out of your pocket.
Are you looking to remodel your bathroom? We offer remodeling services that can give you the bathroom of your dreams.
What Causes a Slab Leak?
There are many reasons why you might develop a slab leak, but the most common are corrosion and the age of your pipes. Slab leaks can damage your home quickly if not taken care of right away. If you’re not sure you have a slab leak, call a professional foundation leak repair company and have them detect for leaks.